Unconfigured Ad Widget
Rules and regs, updates and standing orders.
Topics: 3 Posts: 40
Last Post: Site issue on Suspension.
Topics of a military nature
Topics: 813 Posts: 53,914
Topics of a Political nature
Topics: 530 Posts: 23,946
Last Post: Brexit Vote Today
Non military or political topics
Topics: 942 Posts: 18,772
Syrian refugee kills woman, injures 2 others in Reutlingen Germany
Today, 12:02 PM
Historical topics - military, political or otherwise.
Topics: 413 Posts: 4,140
Italians in the livery of Sigismondo Malatesta, 15th century
Today, 06:34 AM
Military and Civilian Weapons, Weapon Systems, Weapon Platforms, Transport, Load Bearing Equipment etc.
Topics: 174 Posts: 2,574
Last Post: Military Modeling
Topics: 208 Posts: 3,068
Last Post: Science & Art
A sub forum for budding authors to show of their wares
Topics: 8 Posts: 38
Last Post: Three Way War (A Story in Bosnia)
This section is for "everything else." Non-military related and jokes/humor should be put here. However no obscene or pornographic material is allowed.
Topics: 669 Posts: 28,824
Last Post: Post a Pic of yourself
Unconfigured Ad Widget
That's a bizarre and silly suggestion. If such a thing was even remotely hypothetically possible, the west and Russia would both unite in reducing Turkey...Today, 12:15 PM
The thing is, turkey under the kemalists' rule wasn't an example of democracy as well. No country where the army has so much influence over politics can...Today, 12:10 PM
Only a turk would drive a BMW in Reutlingen anyway. Its as close to treason as you can get in the Ländle...Today, 12:02 PM
Not army but some members of army,Gulenists are trying to join elements of country since 80s thanks to naive politicians.Members of army and civilians...Today, 12:00 PM
Is his name Semi Gersan ?
only Germans could get that ref...Today, 11:58 AM
I figured it out myself the driver must have been of Turkish origin, as I didn't expect most Germans to take any action.
We had a situation in Poland...Today, 11:58 AM
Ivan, 100 points your way.
RIP to dead woman and speedy recovery to wounded
Good job BMW driver.
Merkel Merkel !!!...Today, 11:57 AM
Unconfigured Ad Widget
TheMess Forums Statistics
What's Going On
There are currently 315 users online. 59 members and 256 guests.
Most users ever online was 1,384 at 01:43 PM on 24-11-2015.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Concerning posting copyrighted works on the Themess.net message boards:
1. Articles or news stories: Don't copy articles off other websites or other distribution mediums and paste them into posts here. It's important to be a good internet citizen and comply with all copyright laws by only posting the title of the article, a link back to the source, and a small blurb telling what the article is about so users know what they're clicking on. Unlike the previous incarnation of the site, this will be strictly enforced.
- No hotlinking of images, any images posted must he hosted on a third party image hosting site.
- Inserting images that you own or have taken is allowed, however as above these images must be hosted on a third party image hosting site.
- There is to be no insertion of images that you do not hold the copyright to. Post a link to the site with the image you'd like to talk about or share, preferably with a page link so the source image can be seen in its full context.
3. Request for usage rights of copyrighted content that appears originally or only on Themess.net: The copyrights of any text or images posted on this site are owned and are the responsibility of the users who post them. Themess.net staff/webmaster does not perform intermediary duties, and will not contact users on your behalf. If you wish to converse with any users on the message board, you must sign up for an account and use the forum software to "personal message" them. If your copyrighted work has been used on this site without permission, please see the 'copyright agent' section of the "contact us" link on the site's main page for the fasted method for resolution.
General Dos and Don'ts of the message boards:
1. Don't use excessive emoticons in your posts.
2. Don't use profanity.
2.5. Don't direct post gory or graphic images.
2.6. Don't URL link any images containing nudity of any kind. This is a work safe forum. Any user who posts links of images of women who are not fully clothed or in a military uniform will have their account suspended. Any picture where the person is in a suggestive sexual pose is also prohibited.
2.7. Don't post links to terrorist propaganda sites, for any reason. They aren't allowed here.
2.8. Don't post links to terrorist propaganda videos. These can be identified by usually having terrorist organization logos, featuring terrorist themed music, and reading of manifestos or shouting of religious decrees while sniping, bombing, or beheading a victim.
2.73. Don't post threads with TITLES IN ALL CAPS.
3.5. Don't use avatars that go against the wider forum rules.
4. Don't use racial or religious slurs.
5. Don't be a poser. Being yourself is good enough; there's no need to try to be something you're not. If you don't know something, ask and people will respect you for your honesty.
6. Don't hijack a good conversation thread with an off-topic political or flame war. Posts of this nature will be deleted.
7. Don't make multiple accounts for yourself. If it's discovered (it's not difficult) that you have multiple accounts, all of them will be deactivated and most likely your ip subnet banned.
8. Don't post topics with thread titles that don't describe what's in the thread. Examples are: "WTF?" "Please read this..." and "Oh my god!"
9. This site's language is English. Using alternate languages to get around the flaming or insulting rules is not allowed and can earn a ban.
10. Don't make threatening comments against another user, or post personal information about another user. All such posts are fully logged and are forwarded to the authorities where we see fit.
11. Do not post content from other sites without receiving permission. This includes posting more than small excerpts with a link back to the original site.
12. There will be no soliciting allowed in Themess.net forum posts. Do not attempt to sell or advertise anything here. This means in the public forum as well as via private message. If you are not sure if you are in violation of this guideline, ask a moderator.
1. Be civil to your fellow forum user. They'll respect you if you respect them. Treat people the way you wish to be treated and act the way you would over some real world beers in a Service Mess.
2. Browse the introduction thread to better understand some of the people on this forum.
3. There's a wealth of knowledge and experience on tap here via the users on this forum who have served in the armed forces of various countries. Ask lots of questions.
Posts, threads, and users who don't follow these rules run a high risk of being deleted. The first one to start using profanity or insults in an argument loses. If you can't win with intelligence and knowledge, then these forums are the wrong place for you. Themess.net thrives on civil discourse, if you can’t interact with people civilly your access to the site will be terminated.